In honor of International Woman’s Day, here’s some of my favorite girl power movies! *Click name of movie to see trailer*
- Whip it - This is my favorite feminist movie, Its about a girl with a dream and all the work she puts into it. Not only is it a beautiful shot/styled movie, but the cast is amazing!
- She’s The Man - This movie proves that girls can do ANYTHING boys can do! Including sports!
- The To Do List - In my opinion this movie is a must watch! It has Aubrey Plaza and an amazing story line.
- Now and Then - A movie about Women reminiscing about there childhood. And it’s super cute and girl power!
- Ginger & Rosa - This movie is about friendship and all the troubles that come with it.
- An Education - A girl who has to pick between fun and an education.
- Stick It - Debatable my favorite movie ever! It’s kinda mean girls humor with feminism and gymnastics. It’s amazing!
- Easy A - A comedy that explores slut-shaming. I really recommend this movie because it looks at feminism in a comedic light. And Emma Stone / Amanda Bynes.
- In A World - A movie about a woman trying to change the voice of a generation literally.
- The Runaways - CCCCCHerry Bomb! This movie is about the Runaways an all girl rock band that changed music.
- Dreamday Nation - Kat Dennings stars as a promiscuous teen girl, who does whatever she wants.
That’s my list of girl power movies. I know there are loads more but, these are just a few of my favorites.
Happy International Woman’s Day,
p.s. Please don’t delete the text